Today is World Water Day and we decided to share some fun facts about the great benefits of water for your skin.
The human body is made up of at least 50% water and there are many health benefits of drinking water daily. Water in the body functions by carrying vitamins and nutrients around the body to various organs and cells, water also flushes out unwanted toxins. Water is naturally lost in large quantities each day through perspiration and urine etc, so it is very important to stay hydrated.
1. On The Inside
The skin is made up of cells and along with the other organs in the human body skin cells requires water to function properly. The oxygen in water acts as food and replenishes the skin cells and tissues.
2. Wrinkle Free & Moisturized
By drinking water, your skin will be thoroughly hydrated. This promotes skin elasticity, growth, and repair, all of which prevents wrinkles resulting in youthful looking skin. Water also helps you to maintain natural moisture in the skin leaving you feeling super soft and looking radiant.
Acne can develop and thrive when your body is full of toxins so a steady intake of water can prevent breakouts and other irritable skin conditions.
4. A Natural Cleanser
Water work’s as a natural cleanser by removing toxins from the body. This promotes healthier, hydrated and glowing skin.
If you don’t drink much water but would like to change that today, we have put together 4 simple tips to help you along on your healthy skin journey!
1. Have a small glass of water in the morning before or during your breakfast.
2. Throughout the day swap one of your teas/coffees or fizzy drinks and opt for a nice cold glass of water instead.
3. Carry your water bottle around with you and sip small amounts throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated.
4. Drink a glass of water before bed as it flushes out the toxins from your skin during the night. Get healthier radiant skin while you snooze, Perfect!